Have you completed your studies in Australia until recently? If your rejoinder is yes, then, congratulations! You can extend your stay furthermore in the country to gain some work experience. The only way to do so is by applying for the Visa Subclass 485 from Australia. This visa lets you stay, study and work in Australia between a period of eighteen months to four years.
Graduate Work stream and Post-Study Work stream!
The 485 graduate visa again has got two individual streams. These include the post-study work stream and graduate work stream. The visa stream you can apply for will depend on your qualifications and individual requirements. A brief introduction to each of these visa streams can be considered below.
- Post-Study Work Stream: Offshore students who are eligible can apply for this particular visa stream. To become eligible you must have graduated with a doctoral, post-graduation or graduation degree. Make sure that you’ve obtained this qualification from a valid Australian education provider. With this visa stream, you can stay in Australia between a period of two to four years
- Graduate Work Stream: To become eligible for this particular visa stream, you must have graduated from Australia with some special skills and qualifications. These skills and qualifications should be in tandem with certain eligible Australian occupations. These occupations are basically included in the Medium and Long term Strategic Skills List of Australia. With the graduate work stream, you will be able to stay in Australia as long as eighteen months
Note that the Department of Affairs do not pose any sort of restrictions on your work rights with the 485 visa. It implies that you will be able do any kind of work while staying in Australia with this particular visa.
Temporary Graduate Visa 485: Its eligibility requirements!
To apply for this visa successfully, there are certain eligibility requirements which you must meet indispensably. A complete checklist of these prerequisites has been outlined below for visa applicants like you.
- You must have requested the Australian Federal Police for a National Police Check
- You should have sufficient health insurance with you. According to this criterion, you must hold a valid health insurance until your entire stay in Australia and whilst the visa is getting processed.
- You should book a comprehensive health examination
- You must have substantial evidence to prove that you are reasonably competent in the English language
- You should possess or should have already been holding a valid student visa for the past six months
- Currently, you should be the holder of a substantial visa to apply for your 485 visa subclass
- While applying for this particular visa, you should be in Australia and
- You should be less than 50 years of age
Fortunately, you don’t need to procure an employer sponsorship to apply for this particular visa. It implies that the 485 visa provides you the liberty to find your own work in Australia.
485 Visa document Requirement
Effective submission of the right documents comprises an essential part of the Visa Subclass 485 in Australia. So, make sure that you attach the following documents while applying for your temporary graduate visa 485. A comprehensive checklist of these credentials is given below for you to consider:
- Documents of dependant or partner in case there are any
- Documents which prove that you don’t have any visa cancelled or refused before
- Documents which substantiate that you don’t owe any debts to the government of Australia
- All your pertinent character credentials
- All the documents which prove that you hold an eligible health insurance cover
- Credentials which evince that you have signed the Australian Values Statement
- Documents which substantiate that you have passed your skills assessment test successfully.
- All the documents related to your study
- Documents which prove that you have passed your English language test successfully and
- Most importantly, you need to provide the correct identity documents
The requirement of the skills assessment test applies solely to applicants who are applying for the Graduate Work Stream of the 485 visa.
Inclusion of family members!
No matter which stream you apply for, you can bring your eligible family members on the 485 visa. However, each of your family members must have met the pertinent character and health requirements effectively. It is only after that when the Department of Home Affairs will grant them the permission to enter Australia on your 485 visa.
Time to apply for the Temporary Graduate Visa 485!
There are some simple steps adhering to which you will be able to apply for the 485 subclass visa successfully. These include the following:
- Ascertain that you have complied with all the eligibility criteria unique to your visa stream
- Gather all the documents stated above as well as some imperative documents more
Subsequently, you will need to meet your skills assessment test conducted by an eligible assessing authority. This test must be relevant to the occupation which you have specifically applied for.
- Now, you need to create your own ImmiAccount and apply for your 485 visa online
- Finally, the Australian Immigration Department will notify you in writing that whether you visa has been approved or refused.
Need top immigration assistance? Then, hire an Immigration Agent in Perth, Australia right now. Your Immigration Agent Perth will help you apply for the 485 visa impeccably with his or her sound immigration knowledge. At last, your Migration Agent in Perth will ensure the best visa application for you.